Connect me to:
Steamed Almonds with Pork
|Steamed Almonds with Pork|
1 pound pork chops, boned
2 ounces shelled almonds
2 Tablespoons rock sugar (or granulated sugar)
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
2 Tablespoons dry sherry
4 slices fresh ginger
3 Tablespoons corn oil
salt, to taste
1. Rinse and dry the pork chops. Bone them and dice the meat into one-inch cubes.
2. Blanch the almonds in hot water for twenty minutes then remove the skins. If the almonds have already been blanched, soak them in hot water for fifteen minutes. Put them into a small cheesecloth pouch for later use.
3. Heat the wok and add the oil, then add the sugar and stir. Do not allow the sugar to burn.
4. Add the pork and stir-fry until it loses its color and turns a light brown, then add the scallions, ginger, soy sauce, wine, almonds, and half a cup of water. Simmer for ten minutes and remove from the heat.
5. Remove the almonds from the pouch and spread them out on a heat-proof deep plate or bowl. Pour the pork and sauce over them and steam for twenty minutes over boiling water. Serve hot.