Connect me to:
Chicken Wings, Mushrooms, and Chestnuts
|Chicken Wings, Mushrooms, and Chestnuts|
1 pound chicken wings, tips removed, and one and two bone pieces separated, each part chopped in half
2 Tablespoons Chinese rice wine
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 pound fresh chestnuts, cooked
10 large dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked and stems removed, cut in quarters
3 Tablespoons corn oil
1 Tablespoon vegetarian oyster sauce
1 Tablespoon dark soy sauce
3 Tablespoons Chinese wolfberries (dried cranberries can be a substitute)
2 sprigs fresh cilantro
1. Mix chicken wing pieces with rice wine and cornstarch and set aside for half an hour.
2. Boil chestnuts for five minutes, then drain, and mix with the chicken wings. And add the mushroom quarters to this.
3. Heat oil in wok, then add chicken wing mixture and stir-fry for five minutes until chicken pieces are browned. Remove from the pan and drain.
4. Warm a heat-proof casserole and add the drained chicken mixture and two cups of water, the two sauces, and the wolfberries and simmer for an hour.
5. If serving in another casserole, warm it then add the chicken mixture, put cilantro on top for decor, and serve.