Connect me to:
Conpoy Fried Rice
Rice, Noodles, and Other Grain Foods
|Conpoy Fried Rice|
1 conpoy prepared as indicated below
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 cup corn oil
3 cups cooked and chilled rice
6 shrimp, shelled, deveined, and cut in half the long way
two-inch piece of Chinese or English cucumber, quartered and sliced
1 slice fresh ginger, minced
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 Tablespoon thin soy sauce
2 egg white or 1 whole egg, beaten
2 scallions, sliced thinly on an angle
1. Soak dried scallop for one hour in tepid water. Then steam it for at least an hour or until it can be torn into very thin shreds. Drain and tear it into shreds. Dust with the cornstarch. Deep fry for thirty seconds, drain, and set aside.
2. In a wok, heat one tablespoon of the oil used to fry the scallop shreds and fry ginger for half minute and set aside to cool. Then remove ginger and discard or save for another purpose. Do not discard the oil.
3. Heat rest of the oil and blanch the shrimp and drain, then blanch the cucumber pieces and set them aside. Discard this oil.
4. Return wok to the heat and add the rice and stir until grains separated and heated. Then add shrimp, cucumber, sesame oil, and soy sauce and stir for a minute.
5. Add egg whites or the egg and stir-fry another minute, then add half the scallop shreds and scallions, mix well. Put in a bowl, put the rest of the scallop shreds on top, and serve.