Connect me to:
Barbecued Pork and Noodle Soup
Soups and Congees
|Barbecued Pork and Noodle Soup|
1/4 pound barbecued pork
6 dried black mushrooms, soaked for twenty minutes, stems removed
1/2 cup canned water chestnuts or bamboo shoots, sliced thinly
1 cup Chinese broccoli (gai lan or bok cai), sliced or cut into one-inch pieces
1/2 pound dried egg noodles
6 cups chicken broth
1 teaspoon Chinese rice wine, such as Shaoxing
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
2 scallions, angle-sliced thinly
1. Slice pork and mushrooms thinly, and mix with water chestnut slices.
2. Blanch green vegetable in boiling water for one minute, then immerse in ice water for one minute, and drain well.
3. Cook noodles in boiling water for eight minutes, then drain well, and distribute into eight soup bowls.
4. Distribute pork mixture into these same eight bowls.
5. Bring broth to the boil, add rice wine and sesame oil, and pour into the soup bowls; then top with slivered scallions and serve.