Connect me to:
Macanese Vegetarian Samosas
Vegetables, also Vegetarian Foods
|Macanese Vegetarian Samosas|
1 onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
2 fresh chilies, finely chopped
1 carrot, finely diced
2 potatoes, finely diced
1/2 cup green peas
1 Tablespoon ground coriander
2 teaspoons curry powder
1/2 teaspoon saffron
1 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
2 Tablespoons bread crumbs
20 spring roll wrappers
1 egg white
2 cups vegetable oil
1. Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until soft. Stir in ginger and chilies and cook for two more minutes before adding carrots, potatoes, and peas.
2. Mix in coriander, curry, saffron, and salt and cook over very low heat for about an hour until all the vegetables are cooked and the mixture has lost its liquid.
3. Add lemon juice and breadcrumbs and set aside to cool.
4. Cut each spring roll in half, and then fold in any amount, if needed, so that there are strips about three by six inches.
5. Put heaping teaspoon filling at one end of a strip, fold it as triangle, as the American flag is folded, over and over until the mixture is enclosed and the final shape is a triangle. Repeat until all are folded, sealing the final edge with egg white.
6. Heat vegetable oil and deep fry the twenty somosas for about five minutes or until golden brown.