Connect me to:
Samsa, Uzbek Style
|Samsa, Uzbek Style|
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt and white pepper, mixed
1 pound ground lamb
1/2 onion, minced
2 cups lamb broth
2 to 3 Tablespoons vinegar
1. Mix flour, eggs, salt and pepper, and slowly add up to a quarter of a cup of water to make a ball of dough. Cover with a cloth and set aside for two hours.
2. Mix lamb and onion, and some salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Roll the dough into twenty thin two-inch circles. Cover them and take out three or four at a time.
3. Fill each circle with scant teaspoon of filling, wet edges and crimp them together as half moons.
4. Bring broth to the boil, reduce the heat somewhat then add half the dumplings, and simmer for ten minutes, drain and put on a heated platter. Serve while cooking the other half and have the vinegar in a shallow dish for dipping.