Connect me to:
Shrimp-stiffed Fish Maw
Fish and Seafood
|Shrimp-stiffed Fish Maw|
3 ounces fish maw or enough to make ten prepared pieces, two-inch by five-inch strips, soaked (see instructions in article above)
1/2 pound shrimp, minced fine or ground
1 egg white
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon thin soy sauce
1 Tablespoon corn starch
10 whole scallops
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
2 Tablespoons vegetarian oyster sauce heated for half minute in microwave oven
3 Tablespoons minced fresh coriander
1. Heat sesame oil and gently fry the freshly soaked fish maw. one minute per side. Then drain and cool. Press out excess oil with the side of the cleaver.
2. Mix shrimp, egg white, thin soy sauce, sugar, and one tablespoon cornstarch, and divide into ten equal portions.
3. Cut scallops in half and dust one side of each with cornstarch and place one fifth of one of the shrimp portions on the dusted scallop and top it with the other dusted scallop side.
4. Oil a plate for use in the steamer, and prepare a steamer with two inches of water in the bottom; and start to bring it to the boil.
5. Take one of the shrimp paste amounts and spread it evenly on one side of one fish maw. Put the stuffed scallop in the middle, and bring the ends up to cover the scallop. Place it seam side down on the oiled plate. Repeat until all scallops are stuffed. The fish maw slices spread with the shrimp mixture, and they are wrapped around the scallops.
6. Steam the fish maw covered scallops over boiling water, with the steamer covered, for five minutes.
7. Remove the plate with them on it, then put them on another plate. Drizzle with vegetarian oyster sauce, sprinkle the coriander on this, and serve.