Connect me to:
Stewed Spare Ribs with Fish Maw Sauce
|Stewed Spare Ribs with Fish Maw Sauce|
4 ounces fish maw, soaked (as indicated in article above)
1 pound spare ribs, separated and each one cut in half
2 Tablespoons corn oil
4 slices fresh ginger
2 scallions, tied together
3 Tablespoons mushroom soy sauce
2 Tablespoons rice wine
2 Tablespoons rock sugar, crushed
2 Tablespoons cornstarch in one tablespoon cold water (optional)
1/2 pound Chinese broccoli or another green, steamed just before use, for three minutes.
1. Cut prepared fish maw into quarter-inch squares.
2. Cook the spare ribs in four cups of water for five minutes, then drain on paper towels and set aside. Discard the water.
3. Heat oil and fry ginger and scallions for one minute, then add fish maw and fry for two minutes.
4. Add spare ribs and continue to fry for another two or three minutes until they are browned on the outside.
5. Add soy sauce, wine, and sugar, and three cups of boiling water. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for one hour. Remove the cover and continue to simmer for another ninety minutes, stirring every fifteen minutes.
6. If sauce appears thin, bring to the boil and add cornstarch mixture and boil stirring, for half minute or until thickened, then serve on steamed greens.