Connect me to:
Fish Maw Rolls
Dim Sum and Other Snack Foods
|Fish Maw Rolls|
1 cup soaked fish maw (see soaking instructions above), cut into sixteen one-inch strips
1 whole chicken breast
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 egg, beaten
3 slices fresh ginger, minced
2 scallions, minced
3 Tablespoons Yunnan or Smithfield ham, minced
2 black mushrooms, soaked, stem removed, and minced
2 cups chicken broth
3 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 Tablespoon Chinese rice wine
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Cut six of the strips of fish maw in half, and set aside. Mince the rest of the fish maw.
2. Mince chicken breast.
3. Heat half the oil and fry egg on both sides, cut into half inch strips. Reserve six strips, and cut then in half. Mince the rest of the egg strips.
4. Oil a plate that can go into a steamer. Mix minced chicken and egg, scallions, ham, and mushrooms, and spread on the ten fish maw strips. roll them, and place on the oiled plate and steam for eight minutes.
5. Place the egg and fish maw pieces that were set aside decoratively on a serving plate (triangle shapes around the outside works well). Then place th e fish maw rolls decoratively on this design.
6. Heat chicken broth. Mix cornstarch with one tablespoon cold water and stir it into the broth. Add rice wine and salt and stir until thickened, then pour onto the fish maw platter dividing it evenly over the fish rolls, then serve.