Connect me to:
Cat's Ear Pasta with Chicken
Rice, Noodles, and Other Grain Foods
|Cat's Ear Pasta with Chicken |
1/2 pound boneless and skinless chicken breast
3 Tablespoons gin
2 Tablespoons light soy sauce
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon cornstarch
5 Tablespoons oil
3/4 pound cavetelli shaped pasta
1 pound green cabbage, shredded
3 shallots, thinly sliced
1 large Portobello mushroom, stem removed, the cap halved and thinly sliced
1 cup chicken stock
1 large ripe tomato, peeled and diced
3 scallions, halved lengthwise, and cut into 1-inch pieces
salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
1. Freeze chicken for twenty minutes, then slice thinly into one-eighth inch julienned pieces.
2. Mix chicken with gin, soy sauce, egg white, and cornstarch and mix well.
Add one Tablespoon of the oil and mix again then set aside for half an hour.
3. Cook pasta about ten plus minutes until half done. Drain and set aside reserving the water.
4. Cook cabbage in the boiling water for about three minutes to soften, drain well, saving the boiling water once again.
5. Heat remaining oil in a large pot or wok, then add shallots and cook until lightly browned.
6. Add the chicken and all the marinade and the stock and cook about three minutes.
7. Next add mushrooms and cook another three minutes.
8. Now mix pasta into the hot water, drain again, and add to the wok or pan and cook for another three to five minutes until all liquid is absorbed.
9. Add cabbage, tomato, scallions, and salt and pepper and toss/cook another minute or two until the pasta is al dente, then serve it to six to eight persons.