Connect me to:
2 cups corn oil
1/2 pound large shrimp, shelled, veins removed, a thin slice cut off the outsides to remove the part that turns pink, and each cut in four
4 ounces pine nuts or one-quarter cup olive kernels
1 ounce package rice noodles
1 cup whole milk
6 egg whites
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1 sprig coriander, coarsely minced
1. Heat oil in a wok, and blanch shrimp for thirty seconds, remove and drain.
2. Reheat the oil and oil blanch the olive kernels for one minute, then drain them, but keep separately from the shrimp.
3. Reheat oil and deep-fry the rice noodles until they expand; take them out immediately and drain these separately, then put them on a flat serving platter. Set oil aside for another use, leaving the wok very well oiled but without a puddle on the bottom.
4. Gently mix milk, egg whites, salt, sugar, and cornstarch. Heat wok and slowly but steadily pour milk mixture into the wok. Reduce the heat and stir-fry adding the shrimp after half a minute or as soon as it is about half coagulated.
5. Pour over rice noodles, sprinkle the olive kernels and coriander on top, and serve immediately.