Connect me to:
Jai (called Buddha's Delight) II
Vegetables, also Vegetarian Foods
|Jai (called Buddha's Delight) II|
1 cup bean curd stick, soaked for ten minutes in warm water
1 cup bamboo pith, soaked in warm water for five minutes, hard ends removed
1/2 cup cloud ear fungus, soaked in warm water for one hour
1/4 cup white or snow fungus, soaked in warm water for half hour
8 black mushrooms, soaked in warm water for half an hour, stems removed
1 cup glutinous rice, soaked in warm water for one hour
3 Tablespoons corn or another vegetable oil
1 pound firm shredded tofu noodles, cut into two-inch lengths
1 cup carrots, shredded
1 cup mustard green, ba cai, or bok choy, sliced thin
1/2 cup bamboo shoots, shredded
1/2 cup water chestnuts, shredded
1/2 cup cashew nuts
2 Tablespoons crushed slab sugar, or brown sugar
2 Tablespoons mushroom soy
2 Tablespoons vegetarian oyster sauce
2 Tablespoons sesame oil
1. Keeping each item separate, drain each soaked item. Cut all but the rice into slivers.
2. Heat a wok, add the corn oil and fry the tofu noodles for one minute, and remove.
3. Add carrots, mustard or other green, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, and the cashews, and stir-fry for two minutes, then add all the other ingredients except the sesame oil, including those soaked or set aside, and stir one more minute.
4. Add one quart of boiling water, stir well, reduce the heat to simmer, cover, and cook for half an hour.
5. Remove the cover, stir and place in a heated serving dish. Pour sesame oil over it, and serve.