Connect me to:
Young's Yin Yang Rice Shang Palace Style
Rice, Noodles, and Other Grain Foods
|Young's Yin Yang Rice Shang Palace Style|
1 Tablespoon dried pitted wolfberries
3 Tablespoons corn oil
8 fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 and 1/4 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
2 cups cold cooked black rice
1/4 cup minced scallions, green part only
1/4 cup minced scallions, white part only
2 cups cold cooked long-grain white rice
1/3 cup minced celery
1 large egg white, beaten
4 ounces lump crabmeat, cartilage removed
1. Put wolfberries in bowl, cover with cold water, and set aside for five minutes, then drain.
2. Heat wok over high heat until a drop of water sizzles and vaporizes almost immediately then swirl in one tablespoon of the oil and add the mushrooms. Stir-fry for half minute then add the broth and cook for another half minute.
3. Stir in one-quarter teaspoon of the salt and half the pepper, then transfer this to a plate. Then wash and dry the wok.
4. Reheat the wok as done before, then add one tablespoon of the oil and the black rice. Stir-fry one minute breaking up the rice. Then add scallion greens, half the mushrooms, the wolfberries, and half teaspoon of the salt. Fry one minute and then transfer to a plate. Wash and dry the wok.
5.Reheat the wok as before, then add the remaining tablespoon of oil, and then the white rice and the celery breaking up the rice. Stir-fry for one to two minutes until the rice is heated through before adding egg white, crab meat, the white part of the scallions, and the remaining mushrooms, half teaspoon of salt, and the pepper. Stir-fry just fifteen seconds. Remove from the heat and continue stirring for another half minute.
6. Put white rice mixture on one side of a platter, black rice mixture on the other side, and take one tablespoon of each rice mixture and ut it on top of the other rice side, then serve.