Connect me to:
Vegetarian Shark's Fins
Vegetables and Vegetarian Foods
|Vegetarian Shark's Fins|
4 ounces daylily buds
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
4 ounces fresh coriander
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 Tablespoon flour
1 cup vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons sherry
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 ounce Chinese black mushrooms, soaked, stems removed, and shredded
1/2 cup bamboo shoots, sliced and shredded
1/2 medium carrot, pared, sliced, and shredded
1 ounce wheat gluten shredded and mixed with onr teaspoon cornstarch
1. Revive daylily buds in boiling water, remove their short foot or pedicel, then push a needle through end to end, two or three times.
2. Heat oil and stir-fry coriander until lightly brown. Discard vegetable and reserve the oil.
3. Mix cornstarch and flour with one-quarter cup cold water> Dip each daylily bud in the batter and deep fry in oil, then drain and put them in a bowl. Add sherry, salt and one cup chicken broth and steam for fifteen minutes. Drain and put daylilies on a platter.
4. Mix mushroom, bamboo shoot, carrot, and wheat gluten shreds in a small pot. Add half cup of chicken broth and simmer for two minutes. Drain, discard the liquid, and put this on top of the day lilies.
5. Make sauce with remaining chicken broth and the coriander-flavored oil and pour over the dish, then serve.