Connect me to:
Bean Curd Soup
Soups and Congees
|Bean Curd Soup|
2 dried scallops, soaked for three hours
3 dried cloud-ear mushrooms, soaked in warm water for ten minutes, then cut in thin strips
3 dried Chinese black mushrooms, soaked in warm water for ten minutes, then cut into thin strips
2 Tablespoons sesame oil
2 Tablespoons corn oil
1 dried hot red pepper, seeds removed
1 long Chinese cruller, cut into half-inch slices
1 egg, beaten
1/2 teaspoon water chestnut flour
2 slices fresh ginger, peeled and slivered
1 teaspoon coarsely ground fennel
1 square firm bean curd, cut into half-inch slices
1 Tablespoon white rice wine
1 Tablespoon black vinegar
1 Tablespoon mushroom soy sauce
dash ground white pepper
1. Steam dried scallop for half an hour, remove and tear into shreds, and mix with the scallop shreds.
2. Heat both oils and fry hot pepper for half to one minute, depending on how piquant you want the soup to be, then discard the pepper.
3. Fry cruller slices until lightly browned, then drain and set aside on paper towels.
4. Mix egg with water chestnut flour, then fry, turning it once. When lightly set, remove and cut into thin slices.
5. Fry ginger and fennel for one minute, add bean curd and fry for another minute.
6. Add four cups water, the rice wine, vinegar, and soy sauce and bring to just below the boil, then add all reserved ingredients and the ground pepper but not the cruller slices. Reduce the heat, and simmer for ten minutes, add cruller slices, then serve.