Connect me to:
Taro with Roast Duck
|Taro with Roast Duck|
1/2 roast duck
3 cups taro root (about one and a half pounds), peeled and cut into two-inch cubes
2 cups corn oil
3 slices fresh ginger, slivered
3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
2 scallions, minced
3 Tablespoons mushroom soy sauce
2 Tablespoons Chinese rice wine
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1. Cut duck into two inch pieces and simmer in one cup hot water for half an hour.
2. Heat oil, and deep fry the taro root cubes for five minutes or until light golden brown, drain and remove. Then fry duck pieces in that same oil for five minutes; then drain them.
3. Take one tablespoon of the remaining oil, reheat and fry ginger, garlic, and scallions, for one minute.
4. Then add soy sauce and three tablespoons boiling water. Add duck pieces and stir well, and simmer for five minutes.
5. Remove them and add taro root and simmer for about fifteen or twenty minutes until they are tender.
6. Return duck to the pan, reheat, and simmer for five minutes, then serve.