Connect me to:
Vegetables, also Vegetarian Foods
10 Chinese black mushrooms, soaked, stems removed
1/2 cup canned bamboo shoots
6 dried bean curd sheets
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
2 Tablespoons sesame oil
2 Tablespoons Chinese rice wine
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
1 cup corn oil
1. Sliver mushrooms and bamboo shoots and mix them together.
2. Soak bean curd sheets in tepid water for fifteen minutes, then drain.
3. Heat the tablespoon of vegetable oil and fry mushroom mixture, ginger, and garlic for one minute. Remove and drain. Then add salt, sesame oil, rice wine, soy sauce, and five-spice powder and mix well.
4. Put sheets of bean curd one on top of the other, brush each layer with liquid from the mushroom mixture. Put the solids at one end of the top sheet and roll, folding in the ends making a package about two inches wide.
5. Heat steamer, and oil a plate, and put the roll seam side down and steam for five minutes over boiling water.
6. Heat the corn oil and fry the roll until golden, slice on an angle into ten one-inch sections and serve alone on the side with dishes such as Vegetarian Duck Soup.