Connect me to:
Razor Clams and Tripe in Black Bean Sauce
Fish and Seafood
|Razor Clams and Tripe in Black Bean Sauce|
6 dried Chinese black mushrooms
2 pounds honeycomb tripe
3 Tablespoons corn oil
2 onions, wedge-sliced, top to bottom
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup rice wine
5 Tablespoons dark soy sauce
2 Tablespoons Chinese black vinegar
2 Tablespoon Chinese maltose
5 Tablespoons Chinese black bean sauce with garlic
1 cup chopped fresh coriander
1 pound razor clams, shells removed
3 Tablespoons cornstarch mixed with same amount of cold water
1. Soak mushrooms in warm water for one hour, drain and reserve the water. Remove their stems and quarter.
2. Wash and dry the tripe, cut into long thin strips one inch wide.
3. Heat oil and stir-fry the onions for two minutes, then add tripe and fry another two minutes.
4. Put mushrooms, onions, and tripe in heavy casserole. Stir well, then add stock, wine, soy sauce, vinegar, maltose, black bean sauce, and the reserved mushroom water, then stir again. Put the casserole into a pre-heated 350 degree F oven and cover the casserole. Cook for two hours, stirring every half hour or so.
5. Add coriander and razor clams, and the cornstarch mixture and cook another five minutes, then serve.