Connect me to:
Savory Bird's Nest Soup
|Savory Bird's Nest Soup|
2 ounces refined bird's nest|
1 and 1/2 quarts homemade chicken broth
4 slices fresh ginger
1 Tablespoon Shaoxing wine
1 boned chicken breast, minced
1/4 cup minced Virginia ham
2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup cold water
1 egg white, lightly beaten
salt to taste
1. Cover the bird's nest with one quart of luke-warm water. Let it stand for one to two hours until the bird's nest is fully expanded. Then drain off the water.
2. Place bird's nest in a bowl, add one quart of chicken broth and the ginger. Cover the bowl and place it in a steamer and steam over boiling water at low heat for one and a hlaf hours.
3. Transfer the soup to a three-quart sauce pan, add the minced chicken and ham and the remaining broth. Boil voer medium heat for two minutes.
4. Add the cornstarch mixture and stir well.
5. Turn off the heat and stir in the egg white stirring constandly. Serve hot.