Connect me to:
Lotus-leaf Wrapped Rice
Rice, Noodles, and Other Grain Foods
|Lotus-leaf Wrapped Rice|
6 lotus leaves
1 pair Chinese sausages, steamed for two minutes, then diced
1 piece (about six ounces) Chinese bacon, steamed for four minutes, then diced
6 black mushrooms, soaked, stems removed, and diced
1/2 pound shrimp, each one cut in half
1/4 cup frozen green peas, defrosted
2 Tablespoons corn oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon dark soy sauce
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
4 cups cooked rice, at room temperature
1. Soak lotus leaves for two hours, then drain.
2. Mix diced sausages, Chinese bacon, diced mushrooms, shrimp, and peas, and set aside.
3. Heat oil and fry garlic for one minute, then add to the meat mixture.
4. Gently stir in soy sauce, sesame oil, and ground pepper. Then mix in the rice, and divide into six portions. Wrap each rice portion in a lotus leaf, and put on steam-proof plate, seam side down.
5. Steam over boiling water for thirty minutes, then remove. Using a scissor, cut each lotus leaf package in half, and serve.