Connect me to:
Fish with Mustard Seeds
Fish and Seafood
|Fish with Mustard Seeds|
1 two to three pound sea bass, scaled and gutted
6 black mushrooms, soaked for twenty minutes, stems removed
3 Tablespoons thin soy sauce
2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine
1 teaspoon sugar
1 Tablespoon whole mustard seeds
1 Tablespoon cornstarch mixed with one cup chicken broth
1/2 cup corn oil
1. Rinse and dry the fish, and make three or four slits partway down to the bone on each side.
2. Cut mushrooms in quarters, if large, in half if small, and set aside.
3. Mix soy sauce, rice wine, sugar, mustard seeds, and cornstarch mixture and stir well.
4. Heat oil and fry fish on each side for one to two minutes, then remove from oil, set aside, and discard the oil.
5. Put mushrooms, and the sauce mixture into the wok and gently slide in the fish spooning sauce over it. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer twenty minutes, spooning some liquid over the fish every five minutes. Then gently remove to deep serving platter, and serve.