Connect me to:
Beef Rolled with Mushrooms
|Beef Rolled with Mushrooms|
1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
3 Tablespoons sesame oil
2 Tablespoons oyster sauce
1 Tablespoon hoisin sauce
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon sugar
5 very thin slices of beef, about three inches by nine inches; about a third of a pound
50 long thin light-colored enoki mushrooms
10 bamboo pith mushrooms, soaked for five minutes, thick ends removed, and slit open the long way
1. Lightly brown onion slices in dry coated fry pan, then add the sesame oil and fry another one minute, remove and drain, reserving any oil.
2. Without removing any coating on the fry-pan, return onions to the pan, and add oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, turmeric, and sugar. Stir-fry for two minutes, stirring constantly, then set aside the onion mixture on a dish.
3. Lightly pound the meat, then cut each in half across the width. Put five mushrooms at one end of each slice of the beef, heads extending, and roll the meat, and set the rolls seam side down on the plate.
4. Put reserved oil in pan and heat the oil. The put each roll, seam side down, in the oil, and fry until brown, then turn and fry two minutes more before returning them to the seam-side down orientation.
5. Add the onion mixture on top of the rolls, cover, and simmer for five minutes, then serve.