Connect me to:
Black Bean Sauce
Sauces, Seasonings, and Spices
|Black Bean Sauce|
1/2 cup fermented black beans
1 Tablespoon corn oil
3 slices fresh ginger, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon tangerine peel soaked, drained, then finely minced
1 teaspoon sugar
1 Tablespoon red rice wine
1 Tablespoon white rice wine
2 Tablespoons black rice wine vinegar
1. Rinse the black beans for one minute, in a strainer, and under running warn water.
2. Soak the rinsed beans in two cups of warm water for ten minutes, then drain them, and very gently partially crush them.
3. Heat a wok, add the oil, and fry the ginger and the garlic for one minute, then add the crushed beans and stir-fry for one minute before adding the sugar, minced tangerine peel, rice wines, and vinegar.
4. Next simmer this for five minutes. All the liquid should evaporate.
5. Cool in the wok, then transfer to a clean glass jar and refrigerate them.
Note: When making a dish with black beans or a black bean sauce, take two to four tablespoons of the above and add this after adding any garlic and ginger; then continue as the recipe advises.