Connect me to:
Stuffed Bamboo Fungus with Tofu
Vegetables and Vegetarian Foods
|Stuffed Bamboo Fungus with Tofu|
10 bamboo fungus, hard end removed, then soaked until swollen and soft
1 square firm tofu, mashed well
1 Chinese black mushroom, soaked, stem removed, and minced finely
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
2 teaspoons cornstarch, divided in half
10 dried golden needles, soaked in warm water for ten minutes
1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
5 Shanghai cabbage, each cut in half the long way
1/4 teaspoon vegetable oil
dash of salt
dash of ground white pepper
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1. Squeeze excess water from each bamboo fungus, then insert a finger and gently widen the opening.
2. Mix mashed tofu, minced mushrooms, measured amounts of salt and pepper, and one teaspoon of the cornstarch. Then gently stuff each bamboo fungus until about ninety percent full. Tie the open end in a single know with golden needle mushroom. Repeat until all are filled and tied.
3. Oil a plate and put these tied packages on half that plate, all facing the same way. Steam for ten minutes, then remove plate onto a serving platter.
4. Blanch cabbage in boiling water for two minutes, drain well, and set on the same serving plate, on the other end.
5. Heat oil in a small pan. Add dashes of salt and pepper and the sesame oil, and stir. When hot, drizzle over the bamboo fungus and serve.