Connect me to:
Chicken with Fresh Chili
|Chicken with Fresh Chili|
1 two pound game hen or chicken
4 scallions, smashed with the side of the cleaver
3 ounces fresh ginger sliced and each slice smashed
1/2 cup Chinese rice wine
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
3 Tablespoons thin soy sauce
1 Tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup scallions, minced
1/2 cup fresh chili peppers, cut in quarter-inch dice
3 Tablespoons corn oil
1. Place game hen or the chicken in a one and a half gallon pot. Add cold water to just cover it.
2. Add ginger, scallions, and rice wine. Bring to the boil, then cover the pot and turn off the heat. Let it steep for thirty minutes.
3 Remove, rinse in cold water, and allow to cool. Then de-bone and cut game hen meat into one inch wide and three inch long strips. Place on a deep plate.
4. Prepare the sauce by combining the sugar, salt, white pepper, soy sauce, and chicken stock in a bowl. Mix well.
5. Mix fresh chili peppers with minced scallion and set aside.
6. Heat up the oil in a small pan then pour it over the chili and scallion mixture. Then pour th sauce over the game hen, and sprinkle the chili, scallion, and oil mixture on top of chicken.