Connect me to:
Soups and Congees
1/4 pounds fresh tomatoes
13 medium fresh mushrooms
1/4 pound snow pea pods or bok choy
2 Tablespoon vegetable oil
2 Tablespoon sherry or rice wine
4 cups chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon of Asian sesame oil
4 Tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in six tablespoon of water
1 can creamed corn or 1 cup of fresh or frozen corn kernels
1 large egg white, beaten
1/8 cup chopped coriander leaves
salt or soy sauce to taste
1. Coarsely chop the tomatoes, mushrooms, and bok choy.
2. Heat oil and then add wine to evaporate the alcohol.
3. Add chicken broth, Asian sesame oil, and sugar and bring to simmer.
4. Add the vegetables, corn and cornstarch mixture and simmer until the peas are just barely cooked.
5. Dribble in the egg white in simmering soup to cook into strings and add coriander at the end. Salt to taste.