Connect me to:
Preserved Sausage and Beancurd Skin Rolls
Fish and Seafood
|Preserved Sausage and Beancurd Skin Rolls|
1/2 pound dace or other white fish, minced
1 water chestnut, minced
3 tablespoons tangerine peel, soaked, then minced
1 Tablespoon dried shrimp, soaked and minced
1 Tablespoon oyster sauce
1 teaspoon thin soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
dash ground white pepper
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 sheets purple or black seaweed
2 Chinese preserved sausages, each about ten inches long
1 large sheet dried or soft bean curd skin, cut into two pieces
1 cup vegetable oil
1. Mix minced fish, water chestnut, tangerine peel, and dried shrimp.
Add oyster sauce, thin soy sauce, salt, ground white pepper, and
sesame oil and two tablespoons cool water.
2. Steam sausages for twenty minutes.
3. On one piece of bean curd skin, spread half the fish mixture. Top with one sheet of seaweed, and put one sausage at one end and roll, but not too tightly, into a sausage-shaped piece. Repeat with the rest of these ingredients.
4. Brush both rolls with about a tablespoon of the oil, and set on a steam-proof plate.
5. Steam over rapidly boiling water for five minutes, remove, and set
aside to cool.
6. Heat oil, deep-fry the rolls until golden brown, drain on papertowels, then slice on an angle, and serve.