Connect me to:
Soups and Congees
2 cups glutinous rice, soaked overnight in four cups water
4 tender fresh lotus leaves
30 lotus seeds, pre-cooked or canned
3 Tablespoons sugar
thin string cut into sixteen ten-inch strips
1. Put rice, lotus leaves, and lotus seeds in a large pot. Cover them with water, bring to a boil, and simmer uncovered for one hour.
2. Remove leaves and set them aside to cool.
3. Drain rice and lotus seeds, stir, then mash them just a little.
4. Put two stings one each going across the rice bowl in two directions. Then, cut lotus leaves into quarters, and take two to line each of eight rice bowls.
5. Put one-eighth of the rice-lotus seed mixture into each bowl, close the leaves over the rice mixture, and using the stings tie them closing the rice mixture within. Place them on a serving platter, and serve this summer dish at room temperature.