Connect me to:
Pork Spare Ribs in Lotus Leaf
|Pork Spare Ribs in Lotus Leaf|
1 pound pork spare ribs, cut into two-inch long individual ribs
2 Tablespoons chopped scallions
1 Tablespoon chopped ginger
1 Tablespoon each of soy sauce, oil, sugar, and soybean paste
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
2 dried lotus leaves
1/4 cup rice powder scented with five-spice powder
1. Mix ribs with scallion and ginger pieces and the soy sauce, oil, sugar and bean paste. Marinate for half an hour.
2. Cut lotus leaves into eight pieces and soak in hot water for twenty minutes.
3. Divide ribs in eight small portions. Discard the water, then mix ribs with the rice powder mixture and wrap each rib portion rolling it into a lotus leaf package folding the ends in.
4. Put these packages smooth side down in a bowl or deep plate and steam them over high heat for two hours until tender.
5. Put a serving plate face down over the bowl and turn over.