Connect me to:
Halibut B.V. (Bob's version>
Fish and Seafood
|Halibut B.V. (Bob's version>|
6 ounces Chinese dried salted olives
1 Tablespoons Chinese salted black beans
4 eight-ounce halibut fillets
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup cornstarch
6 slices fresh ginger, cut into thin strips
2 and 1/4 Tablespoons soy sauce
2 and 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
2 and 1/2 Tablespoons Chinese rice wine
2 and 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
1 cup garlic oil (see recipe below)
6 scallions, cut in three sections, each of these slivered
12 sprigs cilantro
1. Put salted olives in a bowl and cover with just enough water, set aside. Put black beans in another bowl, and do likewise.
2. Season each halibut fillet with salt and pepper, dust with cornstarch, and put then into a casserole dish.
3. Drain olives and the black beans, mix them with the ginger, and divide mixture into four parts putting each part on a fish fillet.
4. Put casserole on rack in steamer over rapidly boiling water. Cover and steam the fish for three to four minutes.
5. In another bowl, mix soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, wine, and sugar. Season with salt and pepper and stir until sugar is dissolved.
6. Put garlic oil in small pot, and heat it until it reaches 200 F degrees.
7. Remove fish from the steamer and put each fillet on a preheated plate. Pour one-fourth of the soy sauce mixture over each, then one-fourth of the garlic oil. Garnish with scallions and cilantro, and serve.