Read 5268574 times
Connect me to:
Hunan Stuffed Chicken Wings
|Hunan Stuffed Chicken Wings|
10 two-bone chicken wings
5 Chinese mushroom, soaked, stems removed, and sliced thin
2-inch piece of winter bamboo, cut in thin sticks
1 ounce Yunnan or Smithfield ham, cut into thin sticks
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
2 scallions, cut into two-inch thin sticks
2 slices fresh ginger, cut into thin sticks
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
1/2 cup Chinese spinach or bok choy, steamed
1. Remove the bones from the chicken wings, and blanch the wings for one minute in boiling water, then drain.
2. Stuff an equal amount of mushroom pieces and bamboo and ham sticks, into each wing, and set aside.
3. Heat the wok then add oil and stir-fry the scallion and ginger sticks for one minute. Remove and set them in a strainer over a bowl. When cool, mix with the ground pepper, then stuff them equally into the wings.
4. Put the stuffed wings into a bowl and that into a steamer. Steam for fifteen minutes, remove wings and reserve the liquid in the bowl. Put wings in a low serving bowl.
5. Put reserved liquid, the cornstarch, and the sesame oil into a small pot and boil until thickened. Pour over the wings, and serve.