Read 6252726 times
Connect me to:
Salted Fish and Rice, Modernized
Fish and Seafood
|Salted Fish and Rice, Modernized|
2 cups rice
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 pound dark meat chicken, pounded into a paste
1 cup peeled grated eggplant
2 ounces salted fish, rinsed and mashed
2 slices fresh ginger, minced finely or grated, divided in two parts
2 teaspoons granulated or crushed slab of brown sugar, divided in two parts
1 teaspoon sesame oil, divided in two parts
1 teaspoon water chestnut powder, divided in two parts
1 teaspoon thin soy sauce
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1 Tablespoon scallion greens, chopped fine
1. Mix rice and vegetable oil in a bowl, then add four cups of water and steam covered for fifteen minutes. Do not remove the cover, just let it set for an additional ten minutes.
2. Mix chicken with the eggplant, half the fresh ginger, the brown sugar, sesame oil, and water chestnut powder, and set aside for twenty minutes.
3. Mix the fish with the other half of these same four ingredients and set it aside for ten minutes, then put this fish mixture on top of the rice, cover it, and continue to steam for five minutes more. Remove the cover and stir.
4. Next, add the chicken mixture to the top of the mixed rice mixture, cover it, and steam for tem more minutes.
5. Mix soy sauce, sugar, salt, pepper, and scallion, then mix this into the fish-rice mixture, and serve.