Read 5260278 times
Connect me to:
Dim Sum and Other Snack Foods
2 and 1/2 cups flour
1 pound hand-mince
d or coarsely ground beef
1/3 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons mushroom soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 scallion, minced
1 egg white mixed with one tablespoon of water
2 teaspoons sesame seeds, black, white, or mixed
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Put flour in a bowl, add half cup of boiling water, and stir until combined, then slowly add half cup of cold water and keep stirring until the dough makes a ball. Then knead for five minutes until dough is smooth and shiny. Cover and allow to rest for half an hour, then divide into eight parts and let rest another fifteen minutes.
2. Mix beef, salt, soy sauce, sesame oil, and the minced scallion until combined. Divide into eight parts.
3. Roll the rested dough into circles, thinner on the outside than the center, about five to six inches in diameter.
4. Brush each piece of dough with egg white and fill each of them centering one batch of meat in its center and gathering the thin edges of the dough over each other making a pancake-type dumpling. Be sure the egg white seals the dough on all overlapping pieces. Put sealed side down on a platter. And brush the top of each one with some egg white, then sprinkle sesame seeds on it and press them into the dough.
5. Heat oil and fry half the dumpling patties, sesame seed side down, on one side for two or three minutes or until brown, turn over and fry them on the other side until brown. Remove and drain on paper towels. Repeat with the second batch. Serve alone or with a sauce of your choice.