Read 5266268 times
Connect me to:
Pureed Pecans with Chestnuts
Nuts and Chestnuts
|Pureed Pecans with Chestnuts|
1 cup pecans
1/2 cup and 2 additional tablespoons of sugar, separated
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 cup vegetable oil
1 pound fresh chestnuts
2 Tablespoons well-crushed Chinese slab sugar or packed brown sugar
1 cup heavy cream
1. Put pecans into a medium-size pot with two cups of cold water. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, and simmer without a cover for two minutes. Then pour off the water and add the half cup of sugar and stir for two or three minutes, then put the pecans onto a dry baking sheet. Place it in a 300 degree F oven and bake for ten minutes, then remove the pan and allow the nuts to cool.
2. Put oil into a medium-size pot, and fry the cooled pecans stirring all the time, until they are a deep brown color, then remove them to a pre-oiled plate to cool.
3. Cut a slash or an ‘X’ on the flat side of each chestnut, put them on a baking sheet with one-inch sides. Pour in half cup of water, and bake in a pre-heated 450 degree F oven for ten minutes. Peel the chestnuts a few at a time, and immediately mix them with the brown sugar.
4. When all are mixed in, put this sugar-chestnut mixture in a food processor or a food mill, and puree them.
5. Whip the heavy cream until stiff, fold in the chestnut puree and the cooled pecans, and serve.