Read 6260099 times
Connect me to:
Five-flavors Honey Wings
|Five-flavors Honey Wings|
8 whole chicken wings
2 Tablespoons oyster sauce
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1 Tablespoon cooking oil
1 scallion, sliced
2 Tablespoon finely chopped garlic
1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
3/4 cup chicken stock
2 Tablespoons dark soy sauce
2 Tablespoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
2 teaspoons honey
1. Separate the chicken wings into sections, reserve the tips for other uses or discard them.
2. Combine the oyster sauce and cornstarch in a bowl. Then add the chicken and stir to coat. Let this stand for fifteen minutes.
3. Place a wok or wide frying pan over high heat until hot, then add the oil, swirling to coat the sides before adding the chicken. Cook it, turning several times, until golden brown, about three minutes.
4. Then add the scallion, garlic, and pepper flakes; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about ten seconds.
5. Add the chicken stock, soy sauce, rice wine, and five-spice powder and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer until the chicken is tender when pierced, about twelve minutes.
6. Increase the heat to high, add the honey, and cook until the chicken is well glazed. Then serve.