Read 5249013 times
Connect me to:
Soy Sauce Duck
|Soy Sauce Duck|
1 three pound duck
1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 slices ginger
1/4 cup thin soy sauce
2 Tablespoons dry sherry
1. Place the duck in a Dutch oven and add enough water to cover it halfway. Cover the pan and simmer for one hour on top of the stove.
2. Drain the duck, setting aside four cups of the liquid for this recipe. Then chill the liquid half an hour and remove the fat that rises to the top.
3. Wash the Dutch oven and place the liquid in it.
4. Mix the five-spice powder and the salt and rub this mixture over the duck; then put the scallions and ginger into its cavity, and lower the duck into the liquid.
5. Put soy sauce and sherry into the Dutch oven and cook for thirty minutes or until the duck is tender.
5. Cut the duck into pieces and serve hot or cold. If serving hot, you can thicken the sauce by mixing one to three tablespopons of cornstarch with two tablespoons of cold water and bring this to the boil stirring until thickened and clear.