Read 5236788 times
Connect me to:
Fish with Spicy Bean Sauce
Fish and Seafood
|Fish with Spicy Bean Sauce|
1 and a half pound sea bass or porgy
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 to 1 Tablespoon spicy chuili bean sauce
3 slices ginger, shredded
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1. Slit the fish diagonally, about one to one and a half inches apart, then rub it with salt inside and out.
2. Place the fish on aluminum foil in pan for broiling, and pour the oil over the fish. Then cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil.
3. Cut the scallion into one- to two-inch pieces.
4. Mix both sauces with the ginger, scallion, and cornstarch and stir in one-quarter cup water and set aside. If you want a spicy dish, add the extra chili sauce here.
5. Broil the fish about twenty-five minutes, turn it over, and broil twenty minutes more. Remove the foil immediately.
6. Place the sauce mixture in a pot and cook until thickened, then pour it over the fish and serve.