Read 5261975 times
Connect me to:
Spring Rolls III
Dim Sum and Other Snack Foods
|Spring Rolls III|
1 boneless chicken breast, about 6 ounces
1 ounce package cellophane noodles
1/4 cup cloud ear mushrooms (optional)
2 carrots, peeled and grated
2 scallions, chopped
4 ounces frozen shrimp, minced
1/2 pound bean sprouts
1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
16 Shanghai-style egg roll wrappers
vegetable oil for frying
1. Cut the chicken into thin slices, then mince it.
2. Soak the noodles in hot water for a half hour. Then cut them into one-inch segments.
3. Soak cloud ear mushrooms in hot water until soft. Then wash them thoroughly and chop them into small pieces.
4. Combine chicken, noodles, mushrooms, carrots, scallions, shrimp, bean sprouts, and the egg and mix well.
5. Take two Tablespoons of the chicken mixture and shape it in a long-round pile in the middle of a wrapper. With a corner towards you, fold wrapper over the filling and tuck the ends in to the middle before rolling the rest of the way. The juice form the filling will seal it.
6. Heat oil to 375 degrees F. Deep fry until lightly browned, turning once if necessary.
Note:Serve immediately after frying if you like them crispy.
Approximate nutrient analysis
per spring roll assuming that each one absorbs 2 teaspoons of oil
Calories 126 Kc
Carbohydrate 12 g
Protein 6 g
Sodium 254 mg
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated fat 1 g