Read 5244700 times
Connect me to:
Easy Tasty Moon Cake II
Holiday and Celebration Foods
|Easy Tasty Moon Cake II|
1/2 cup flour
2 Tablespoons margarine, melted
1 can bean paste or lotus seed paste
1 package Crescent Rolls
1 egg, beaten
1. Mix flour and margarine to make an oil dough. Knead until smooth and divide into eight portions.
2. For filling, take one teaspoon of bean paste and roll it into a ball; make eight of these balls.
3. Divide Crescent Roll dough into eight pieces, roll each up into a ball and flatten into a three-inch circle. Put oil dough in center and gather dough around it to make a ball. Repeat until all are made this way.
4. With your hands, shape this into a strip about two-inches wide and four-inches long. Roll this strip into a ball and flatten to make it pancake shaped. Use your thumb to make a depression in the middle of each piece of dough and place bean paste there. Enclose the dough around this and flatten to make moon cake about two-inches in diameter.
5. Arrange on a greased baking sheet and brush top with beaten egg.
6. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Note: One can omit the oil dough and only use the Crescent Roll dough, The result will not be as flaky.
Approximate nutrient analysis per moon cake
Calories 227 Kc
Carbohydrate 44 g
Protein 8 g
Sodium 82 mg
Total Fat 3 g
Saturated fat 1 g
Cholesterol 54 mg