Read 5256944 times
Connect me to:
Savory Bird's Nest Soup II
|Savory Bird's Nest Soup II|
2 ounces refined bird's nest
1 and 1/2 quarts homemade chicken broth
1 Tablespoon Shaoxing wine
1 boned chicken breast, minced
1/4 cup minced Virginia ham
2 teaspoons corn starch mixed with one-quarter cup of water
1 egg white, lightly beaten
salt to taste
1. Cover bird's nest with one quart of luke-warm water. Let it stand for one to two hours until bird's nest is fully expanded, then drain off the water.
2. Place bird's nest in a bowl, add one quart of chicken broth and the ginger. Cover the bowl and place it in a steamer. Steam over boiling water at low heat for one and a half hours.
3. Transfer the soup to a three quart sauce pan, add the minced chicken and ham and the remaining chicken broth. Boil over medium heat for two minutes.
4. Add corn starch water and mix well.
5. Turn off heat and stir in the egg white with constant stirring. Serve hot.