Read 5249796 times
Connect me to:
Stuffed Fish Fillets, Shandong Style
Fish and Seafood
|Stuffed Fish Fillets, Shandong Style|
1/2 pound thick fish fillets, sliced horizontally
2 Tablespoons water chestnut flour
1/4 pound chicken breasts, sliced
2 pieces dried bamboo, soaked for one hour, then sliced horizontally
2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger, divided
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 Tablespoons sugar
2 Tablespoons liquid from white wine lees
1 egg white
2 Tablespoons cornstarch mixed with two tablespoons cold water
3 scallions, green parts only, cut into long strings
2 cups vegetable oil
1. Using a strainer, dust both sides of the fish fillets with water chestnut flour, and put them on a dry plate.
2. Put pieces of the chicken breast on each fish slice, then top that with a slice of bamboo shoot and sprinkle some minced ginger on top. Then roll the fish enclosing the chicken and bamboo shoot pieces. Tie each fish fillet with a scallion piece to hold it together.
3. Mix salt, sugar, liquid wine lees, and the egg white with the cornstarch mixture beating this into a thin batter.
4. Heat oil in a wok or deep fry pan, then dip each roll into the batter, and fry for four minutes, two on each side, or use more oil and deep fry them for three minutes turning them in the deep oil. Remove the fried fish rolls to a paper towel, drain for half minute, then put then nicely set out, on a serving platter. Do put excess batter into a small pot.
5. Heat contents of the small pot, stirring, until thickened, then pour over the fish rolls, and serve.