Read 5248839 times
Connect me to:
Chicken Rolls Steamed in Lotus Leaf
|Chicken Rolls Steamed in Lotus Leaf|
1 whole boneless chicken breast
1-2 Tablespoons Smithfield ham
2-4 Shiitake mushrooms, soaked for twenty minutes
1 small finger of Buddha's hand fruit, minced fine
2 lotus leaves, each cut into four pieces
1 teaspoon corn oil
1 scallion, minced fine
1 teaspoon ginger root, minced fine
1 Tablespoon Shaoxing wine or dry sherry
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1. Cut chicken, ham, and mushrooms into thin strips and put in a bowl, tossing them to distribute well. Mix in the minced Buddha's hand pieces.
2. Use half of the oil to brush the inside and outside surfaces of each leaf.
3. Mix the rest of the oil, scallion, ginger root, wine, and cornstarch well then mix thoroughly with the chicken mixture.
4. Put one eighth of the mixture on each lotus leaf section and roll putting the sealed end down on a plate.
5. Steam, on the plate, over boiling water for fifteen minutes, then move to a serving plate, garnish as desired, and serve.