Read 5256921 times
Connect me to:
Eight Precious Rice Pudding
Fruits, Desserts, and Other Sweet Foods
|Eight Precious Rice Pudding|
1 and 1/2 cups of glutinous rice
1/2 Tablespoon butter
2 Tablespoons candied fruit
2 Tablespoons raisons
2 Tablespoons pitted dates, cut into pieces
12 maraschino or other pitted cherries
1 cup sweet bean paste filling (do sa)
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon butter
1. Cover the rice with water and soak it overnight, then drain it. Put it in a glass dish, preferably on cheesecloth, and steam it over boiling water for ten minutes.
2. Grease a bowl with the butter and place the candied fruits and raisons in a decorative pattern on the bottom of the bowl; floral shapes are common.
3. Cover with half the rice. sprinkle the sugar atop this and then cover that with the rest of the rice.
4. Steam for forty-five minutes then turn the bowl and its contents over onto a serving dish.
5. Mix the milk, cornstarch and almond extract with a cup of water. Bring to the boil and stir until it thickens, then add the last amount of butter. Pour over the hot pudding and serve.