Read 5236842 times
Connect me to:
Fish with Tree Seeds
Fish and Seafood
|Fish with Tree Seeds|
1 teaspoon sesame oil
4 small whole fish, gutted, scales removed, and dried with paper towel
1 Tablespoon Chinese rice wine
1 small can or jar pickled cucumber, liquid reserved
1 small can or jar tree seeds, liquid reserved
2 Tablespoons shredded pickled ginger
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1 scallion, coarsely minced
1. Spread oil on a heat-proof flat bowl with sides.
2. Brush fish, inside and out, with wine, and put it on the platter.
3. Mix three tablespoons liquid from the pickled cucumbers and three tablespoons of liquid from the tree seeds, the ginger and salt and pour this over the fish.
4. Mince three tablespoons pickled cucumber and sprinkle on top of the fish.
5. Steam for ten minutes over boiling water. Drain and discard half the liquid, sprinkle what is left with scallion, and serve.