Read 5241016 times
Connect me to:
Stuffed Pepper w/ Beancurd Sheet and Shrimp
Fish and Seafood
|Stuffed Pepper w/ Beancurd Sheet and Shrimp|
1 pound large shrimp, shelled, cleaned and cut into ten large pieces
1 Tablespoon corn oil
3 Tablespoons green peas
3 Tablespoons diced carrots
3 Tablespoons diced soaked black mushrooms
3 Tablespoons rice wine
1/4 teaspoon chili sauce with garlic
1 teaspoon light soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon sesame oil
dash of ground white pepper
3 bean curd sheets
6 strips of celery to use to tie peppers (or use string)
6 large bell peppers
1 teaspoon corn oil
1/2 cup chicken stock
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon water chestnut flour
1. Saute diced shrimp in oil for one minute, then drain and set aside.
2. Simmer peas, carrots, and mushrooms for two minutes, then drain and mix with the shrimp.
3. Mix chili sauce, light soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch, sesame oil and white pepper.
4. Cut the top off each pepper in a zig-zag fashion, remove seeds and pith from both and set aside.
5. Cut each beancurd sheet in half and shape each into a circle. Then stuff each into a pepper and put one-sixth of the filling into it. Tie with celery strip or string; cover with the top of the pepper and put it on lightly greased dish.
6. Steam for eight minutes, then set aside. If using string, cut it and discard.
7. Mix stock, salt and pepper, and water chestnut flour and bring to the boil. Pour over the peppers and serve.