Read 6282724 times
Connect me to:
Fruits, Desserts, and Other Sweet Foods
1 Asian pear, peeled and coarsely chopped
1/2 cup water chestnut flour
1/2 cup red bean paste
5 cherries, pitted and cut in half
1 cup vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon sugar
1. Mix chopped pear, water chestnut flour, one cup of water, and the egg making it into a thick dough. Divide it into ten parts.
2. Divide bean paste into ten parts and wrap each of them with the prepared dough fully enclosing the bean paste. Gently flatten these into the shape of pancakes.
3. Put half cherry on top of each pancake and gently push it partway into each of them.
4. Eat oil and deep fry half the pancakes two minutes on a side, then drain on paper towels and fry the other half of them.
5. Put pancakes on a heat-proof serving plate and steam over boiling water for five minutes. Remove and bring to the table.
6. In a small pot, mix the sugar with three tablespoons water. Bring to the boil and pour this over the pancakes.