Read 5241004 times
Connect me to:
Squid in Orange Sauce
Fish and Seafood
|Squid in Orange Sauce|
1/2 pound dried squid, soaked overnight
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 pound shrimp, peeled and veins removed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon sugar
dash of ground white pepper
1 egg white
1 Tablespoon flour
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup orange juice
1 Tablespoon water chestnut flour
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1. Remove any cartilage in the squid, cut into rectangles two-inches long and one-inch wide. Then cross cut the squid on its underside and dust with the cornstarch on the uncut side.
2. Mince the shrimp into a paste and mix in the salt, sugar, and the ground pepper. Spread this on the uncut side of the squid.
3. Beat egg white and the flour making a batter, and coat the squid-shrimp sell.
4. Heat the vegetable oil and deep fry the squid for four minutes, remove and drain on paper towels.
5. Put the orange juice, water chestnut flour, and the sesame oil in a small pot and bring to the boil. Add the squid rolls, stir, and simmer for one minute, then serve.