Read 5249342 times
Connect me to:
Pan-fried Silk Squash
Vegetables, also Vegetarian Foods
|Pan-fried Silk Squash|
1 silk squash, about half a pound
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1 scallion, minced
1/4 cup chicken or vegetable stock
2 Tablespoons shelled peanuts, paper coverings removed
1 large clove garlic, peeled and minced
4 eggs, beaten until a light lemon color
1. Using a peeler, remove ridges from the entire length of the silk squash, then cut it into eight pieces, and cut these into a dozen strips.
2. Heat half the oil and stir-fry the scallions pieces until fragrant, then add the silk squash and stir fry for one minute before adding the chicken stock and bringing to the boil, then immediately remove all to a bowl.
3. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil and stir-fry the garlic and peanuts for two minutes.
4. Return the silk squash and stock and then add in the beaten eggs; and using a pair of chopsticks, stir the mixture until the eggs begin to set.
5. Turn the eggs over with a spatula, and stir again with the chopsticks for another minute, then serve on a pre-heated plate.