Read 5249709 times
Connect me to:
Fried Rice and Seaood in a Pineapple
Fish and Seafood
|Fried Rice and Seaood in a Pineapple|
8 small squid, cartilage and heads removed, cut into half-inch pieces
1 fresh pineapple, square top removed and discarded, frond left on, fruit hollowed out
3 cups cooled cooked rice
1/4 pound fresh shrimp, peel and veins removed, cut into half-inch pieces
1 medium onion, diced
1/4 cup fresh crab meat, cartilage removed and cut into half-inch pieces
1/2 red and 1/2 green pepper, each cut into half-inch pieces
3 Tablespoons golden raisons, plumped in boiling water
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 Tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1 Tablespoon thin soy sauce
1 Tablespoon oyster sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
1. Drop squid into boiling water and after one minute, remove, put in ice water for one minute, then drain and set aside.
2. Hollow out the pineapple then cut the part taken out into one-half to one-inch pieces, mix with the rice and the squid, then set these aside.
3. Put the shrimp and the crab meat into boiling water for one minute, drain, put into ice water for half minute, then drain them and mix with the pineapple rice mixture.
4. Mix red and green peppers and the raisons and mix them with the pineapple rice, as well.
5. Heat oil in a wok or fry-pan, add curry powder and stir for two minutes, then add the sugar, and the soy and oyster sauces, Stir-fry another two minutes add the ground white pepper and stir well, then add the pineapple rice mixture and stir-fry for two minutes making sure all is very hot.
6. Pour two cups of boiling water into the pineapple, then pour it out discarding the water and putting the hot pineapple rice mixture into the pre-heated pineapple, and serve.