Read 5240989 times
Connect me to:
Geoduck, Stir-fried with Snow Peas
Fish and Seafood
|Geoduck, Stir-fried with Snow Peas|
1 geoduck, sliced on an angle
2 Tablespoons cornstarch, separated
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 carrot, sliced in half the long way, then thin sliced
1/4 cup snow peas, strings removed and cut on an angle into half-inch pieces
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil or duck fat
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1 teaspoon XO sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 black mushroom, soaked until soft, stem discarded, then sliced thin
1/2 scallion, green part only, cut into half-inch pieces
1. Blanch geoduck slices in water just below the boiling point for thirty seconds, remove immediately, drain, and toss with one tablespoon of cornstarch.
2. Bring chicken stock to the boil, add the carrot and snow peas pieces and simmer for one to two minutes, then drain them and set aside apart from the stock.
3. Heat wok or fry pan, add the oil or fat and stir-fry the ginger for half minute, then add XO sauce, ground pepper, mushroom slices, and the cooked vegetables and immediately remove the pan from the heat source, and all solids in it to a small bowl.
4. Reheat pan and its oil, add the geoduck slices and stir-fry half minute then return all solids to the pan, vegetables and scallions pieces included.
5. Mix remaining tablespoon of cornstarch with two tablespoons cooled chicken stock; reserve the rest for another sue. Add this to the pan and stir-fry one minute until the cornstarch mixture coats the geoduck slices as it thickens the small amount of sauce in it. Serve immediately on a pre-heated platter.